Re: [squid-users] Re: Doubts about the size of the cache size Tags

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 03:17:05 +0000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2011 00:23:20 -0200, igor rocha wrote:
> Nobody has anything to advise me not
> Thanks!
>

> 2011/1/26 igor rocha:
>> Very  good  information,  but  being  more  specific  I  would like to
>> know that I have with these  sizes  of  cache  memory  and  what are
>> the best values for the Tags: cache_mem, cache_swap_low,
>> cache_swap_high, maximum_object_size, cache_dir, can anyone help me?

cache_mem - as much as your system can spare after all other RAM uses are
accounted for.
Do NOT let the operating system swap underneath Squid.

cache_dir - as much as your disk has available. See FAQ on calculating
that.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ConfiguringSquid

The others are up to you. Learn what they do and consider the effect of
any change before doing it.

They are all documented at:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/

>> 2011/1/26 Hasanen AL-Bana:
>>> It is simple ,each 1GB of cache requires  ~10MB of RAM to index it.
>>> That is
>>> considering the average object size is 13kb

Amos