Re: [squid-users] My compiled 3.2.0.4 version says it is 2.6

From: Michelle Dawson <itbabe87_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:49:21 +0100

Thank you for you reply,

Yes there were two versions of squid which is very odd since there
were no versions on it before I compiled it, because I have checked
it.

I managed to remove the 2.6 now via yum remove command, but now I dont
really know how to start squid 3.2. The service squid start does not
work as service squid status does not exist.

I've tried by starting squid in the /usr/local/squid/sbin/ folder:

[root_at_vm1 squid-3.2.0.4]# /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid status
WARNING: Cannot write log file: /usr/local/squid/var/logs/cache.log
/usr/local/squid/var/logs/cache.log: Permission denied
       messages will be sent to 'stderr'.

But i get the message above. Do you know what that means? Am i trying
to run squid as the wrong user ( root ) ?

Thank you,

Michelle D. (she ;) )