Re: [squid-users] My compiled 3.2.0.4 version says it is 2.6

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:39:24 -0500

I was also thinking the same. Chances are, you have used your existing
system-based scripts to launch Squid, which would need their paths
modified, assuming you want to continue using /usr/local/squid as your
prefix, otherwise compile Squid with --prefix=/usr for example. Better
yet, figure out all the directories that Squid 2.6 was compiled with,
and setting them accordingly to completely overwrite the Squid 2.6
install. Then you can use your existing scripts with only minor
modifications.

Here is a portion of my ./configure script for SLES-10, for example:

... snip ...

./configure --build=i586-suse-linux \
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/squid \
--bindir=/usr/sbin --sbindir=/usr/sbin \
--localstatedir=/var --libexecdir=/usr/sbin \
--datadir=/usr/share/squid --libdir=/usr/lib \
--sharedstatedir=/var/squid --mandir=/usr/share/man

... snip ...

>>> Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com> 1/27/2011 8:10 AM >>>
Michelle

most likely you have Squid 2.6 on your system and now also
installed 3.2 in a different location.

What is the output of
     /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -v

Marcus

Michelle Dawson wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have just compiled the Squid 3.2.0.4 from source. But now that it
is
> compiled it the header of the squid.config file says it is version
2.6
> and the headers also say (squid/2.6.STABLE21).
>
> I am also not able to use the new random function and some acl calls
> for domain filtering. Did I really download the incorrect version of
> Squid or is this normal for a beta release?
>
> I used the official repository, to be more precise wget
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.2/squid-3.2.0.4.tar.gz to
> fetch the source code. I am using Cent OS 5.5.
>

> I compile Squid by using:
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/squid
> make all
> make install
>
> Thank you very much,
> Michelle D.

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."