Re: [squid-users] Documentation for non-Sys Admins

From: Andy Nagai <anagai_at_wernerpublishing.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:12:47 -0800

When I use Etag I need to hit the DB for content and generate the hash
every single page load in order to determine if page is modified or
not. I would like to avoid this.

We would like to refresh the cache very 15 minutes regardless if
content is modified or not. This avoids hitting the db each time.
Rather have squid handle the cache logic and not have it done in php.

Can I do this without using the ETag like this?