[squid-users] Squid and SSL

From: Anthony Saenz <anthonys_at_consumertrack.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 11:31:21 -0800

I'm sure this has been brought up tons of times before but I simply
can't find the answer... My current setup is as follows:

PC -> HAProxy -> Squid -> The World

The reason why I'm using HAProxy is for development environment
switching which is based off cookies. (I inherited things this way) I'm
aware that browsers use CONNECT when setup to use a proxy for
connections but this isn't the case since I have HAProxy handling the
frontend.

Is there any way to get SSL requests working through Squid without
configuring proxy settings on the browser and do a straight TCP pass?
HAProxy has this functionality but doesn't support dynamic backend hosts
which is the biggest problem.

Any help would be appreciated!