Re: [squid-users] Re: Why TCP_MISS with simple request/response and aggressive refresh_pattern?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 12:59:02 +1300

On 29/01/11 07:06, Yang Zhang wrote:
> I was confused by your reply until I realized that in my email I
> managed to omit the one important change I made to my config:
>
> # refresh_pattern .>->-0>20%>4320 # commented this line out
> refresh_pattern . 525600 100% 525600 ignore-private
>
> So it *should* be caching dynamic pages now, no?

If you have the QEURY acl still in the config then no.

That bing API result *is* a cacheable response and does not need any
overrides. You need only to follow the wiki instructions about removing
the storage block (QUERY acl) and adding the right cgi and ? refresh
pattern to cope with any old or broken dynamic sites your clients visit.

If 3.0 is still not caching it after the wiki instructions have been
followed then I would put it down to one of the date handling bugs we
have fixed in the later Squid series.

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 28/01/11 16:38, Yang Zhang wrote:
>>>
>>> I should also add that I'm using the Ubuntu 10.04 squid3 package
>>> (3.0.STABLE19), and the refresh_pattern/debug_options edits I
>>> mentioned are the only ones I made to the default squid.conf.
>>>

>> 3.0 requires configuration changes to store dynamic URLs.
>>
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent

Amos

--
Please be using