Re: [squid-users] documentation link for smb_auth

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 01:18:27 +1300

On 02/02/11 00:00, Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo, squid-users,
>
> I'm just trying squid-3.1.10-20110110, especially the smb
> authentification.
>
> The error with the hard coded samba directory seems to be cured, but the
> is still another bug; I'm investigating.
>
> By searching I found
>
> a)
>
> path_to_source/helpers/basic_auth/SMB/README
>
> and in that file a link to
>
> http://www.hacom.nl/~richard/software/smb_auth.html
>
> That link seems to be dead.

Yes. That appears to be the entirety of the documentation right now. :(

Been working on it but have not yet reached these two nasties. Any help
you can give in that direction, however small, would be very welcome.

> b)
> in "/usr/libexec/smb_auth.sh" the path to "nmblookup" seems to be hard
> coded; on my installation (slackware) I had to set a symlink.
>
> c) "smb_auth.pl" and "smb_auth.sh" seem to be added for testing; which
> parameters do they need? It's a nasty job reengineering them ...
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut

Something strange has happened...

* The patch present in that daily bundle removes the paths completely
from smb_auth.sh. Relying on the shell environment $PATH instead now.

* smb_auth.pl is the "multi-domain-NTLM" helper.

smb_auth.sh is a script designed to be run internally by smb_auth binary
helper. It gets passed some combination of the input line from Squid and
the parameters configure on auth_param program line.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4