Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy not working for HTTPS, ftp etc.. Plz help

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 01:26:11 +1300

On 04/02/11 00:50, Jayakrishnan wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am shamed to tell you that I have same old problem with transparent
> proxying. Please help me out with this.

Sure.

Answer:
   it is not possible to "transparent proxy" any protocol other than
plain HTTP with Squid.

There you go. Problem solved.

<snip>

> Everything is working fine but transparent proxying is not working for
> https ftp traffic. However there is no point in having a transparent
> proxy with out https support. Is there any thing to do if nating is
> taking place in my WIRELESS ACCESS POINT/ROUTER.

The point of Squid is to optimize and manage HTTP. If that alone is not
enough then you need other tools.

In the case of FTP you can look at FROX (FTP proxy).

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4