[squid-users] Squid architecture

From: Cedric DC <oneal42_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:53:16 +0000

Hello all,

I want to configure a web proxy squid cache for my LAN
 users (~1000 PCs exist on the LAN). I want use
squid+squidguard+authentication on a domain controler (active directory
:')
For the moment, we want install only one server (and in the future a second...).
My question is where can I install the squid ? On the LAN or on the private DMZ of our firewalls cluster ?

Do you have some best pratices concerning the position of the squid ?
If there are several possibilities what are for each one the advantages and nconveniences ?
Do you have documents about proxy cache architecture ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

OnEal