RE: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy and Externally Generated Wildcard SSL Certificates

From: John Gardner <John.Gardner_at_southtyneside.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:25:29 +0000

>John,
> I believe what you need to do is export the Certificates from the IIS servers, they will be saved in a .pfx file, which is the PKCS12 format. >OpenSSL can convert these into the PEM format that squid supports, these commands will give you the desired output.
>
>Exports the Certificate:
>openssl pkcs12 -in server.pfx -out server.crt -nodes -nokeys -clcerts
>
>Exports the Private Key (Note will not be encrypted, store in safe place):
>openssl pkcs12 -in server.pfx -out server.key -nodes -nocerts -clcerts
>
>The openssl man page and the pkcs12 man page will have more information about these options if you need them.

Dean

Thanks for the help, but I've just found out that the CSR (and therefore private key) were all generated from a Juniper VPN Appliance and so now all bets are off :-/

Cheers

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the named recipient and may contain sensitive, confidential or protectively marked material up to the central government classification of ?RESTRICTED" which must be handled accordingly. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail and delete from your system, unless you are the named recipient (or authorised to receive it for the recipient) you are not permitted to copy, use, store, publish, disseminate or disclose it to anyone else.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as it could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses and therefore the Council accept no liability for any such errors or omissions.

Unless explicitly stated otherwise views or opinions expressed in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Council and are not intended to be legally binding.

All Council network traffic and GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

South Tyneside Council, Town Hall & Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields, Tyne & Wear, NE33 2RL, Tel: 0191 427 1717, Website: www.southtyneside.info