Re: [squid-users] Connect directly if parent cache fails

From: å¶é›¨é£ž <sunyucong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 23:27:50 -0800

Hi there,

I've been trying to do the same thing, but squid always tries too hard
on parents.

You can do this as what I do:

Have a local squid with "always_direct allow all" listening on another
port as the last entry of cache_peer with a default .

when squid tried the peers above and failed, it will fall back to the
last one which runs on the same computer, so should (suppose) always
work as long as your local network works..