Re: [squid-users] FQDNCache Hits 0?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 02:02:10 +1300

On 21/02/11 18:32, Jose Nathaniel G. Nengasca wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Can anyone point me to a right direction on how to resolve this problem? I
> have this on my cache manager,
>

> FQDN Cache Statistics:
> FQDNcache Entries: 3
> FQDNcache Requests: 2095916
> FQDNcache Hits: 0
> FQDNcache Negative Hits: 0
> FQDNcache Misses: 2095916
> FQDN Cache Contents:
>
> IP Cache Statistics:
> IPcache Entries: 922
> IPcache Requests: 1545769
> IPcache Hits: 1360633
> IPcache Negative Hits: 1519
> IPcache Numeric Hits: 50311
> IPcache Misses: 133306
> IPcache Retrieved A: 381317
> IPcache Retrieved AAAA: 0
> IPcache Retrieved CNAME: 173864
> IPcache CNAME-Only Response: 1
> IPcache Invalid Request: 0
>
> Where I should look to get a good FQDNCache Hits?

What version of Squid?

A few thoughts,

One that comes to mind immediately is a recently fixed bug which was
causing IPcache/FQDNcache to become sparsely filled.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.1/changesets/squid-3.1-10219.patch
I'm not sure if this affects Squid-2, possibly.

The other thought is that FQDNcache is rDNS. It is possible your rDNS
results TTL are expiring before the lookups are performed twice. There
is nothing to be done about that. It is neither

Then there is the less likely possibility that the FQDN cache is
configured to have only a few entries.

Amos

--
Please be using