[squid-users] Re: Squid DG Sandwich... Squid3 (auth) -> DansGuardian->Squid3(proxy)

From: bwright <bwright_at_hwahomewarranty.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:06:30 -0800 (PST)

Basically DansGuardian needs a web proxy behind it to work. So some people
have used tiny proxy etc. But for larger environments it seems like squid
is normally used. Also I can't just combine them either b/c dansguardian
needs to know the username (so I can have different policies based on user
and log the user who is try to access).

They talk about the setup on DG's wiki site (
http://contentfilter.futuragts.com/wiki/doku.php?id=user_identification_methods&DokuWiki=899035c71284a30c5ce2398b9d6648ab
)