Re: [squid-users] squid crashes periodically without logging error message, signal 8, Arithmetic exception

From: Samendinger, Marc <marc.samendinger_at_sp-online.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:02:55 +0100

Hi Helmut,

> > our squid crashes from time to time without logging error
> > messages. I started gdb on the core file - disclaimer: gdb
> > is totally new for me - and here is what gdb says:
>
> [...]
>
> > Version: Squid 2.6.STABLE18 on Ubuntu 08.04 LTS
>
> What about updating to an actual version, p.e. 2.7STABLE9 or 3.1.11?

That would be an option, but usually I like to stay with the packages
that come bundled with my distribution. Especially using a LTS version
of Ubuntu :)
If you think thats some bug that is fixed in newer versions I will
gladly get in contact with the ubuntu guys or compile a new version.

I just want to rule out that a likely cause for this issue are
Hardware failures, defect RAM or something like that, that cannot be
fixed by installing a new version.

> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut

Gruesse zurueck!