Re: [squid-users] netdbExchangeHandleReply: corrupt data, aborting

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 13:55:09 +1300

 On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:39:42 +0000, Alex Sharaz wrote:
> Sent this out a while back.
>
> Don't think I got any replies.
>
> Anyway, Still happening but now with squid 3.1.10/3.1.11
>
> I'd like to do a phased upgrade to 3.1.x but don;t want to try it if
> I'm still getting these netdb errors

 This is nothing to be overly worried about. All it means is that the
 receiving Squid will have less data to work with than a full transfer
 would have given it.

 NetDB is susceptible to architecture differences "corrupting" its
 expected data. The message is output on detection and the unknown
 entries are dropped. In your log you can see 821 entries were still
 accepted.

 If you see this happening between two Squid-3.1 please report as a bug
 and it will be looked at and fixed eventually. A copy of the "corrupted"
 netdb object would be useful in the report to see why squid-3 rejects
 its 822nd entry.

 HTH
 Amos