Re: [squid-users] opening a port for a spesific destination

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 22:53:11 +1300

On 01/03/11 22:34, a bv wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i want to open an unusual port to a spesific destination ip for
> internal users access
> Can you provide me the configuration steps?
>
> Regards

The default Squid configuration already allows most unusual website
ports to be accessed including any port above 1024.

What you ask is also a trivially obvious configuration. I think it would
be best if you learned how to operate your Squid rather than being
handed the answer immediately.

Documentation on how to write access controls for Squid can be found
here: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl.
section one covers the ACLs test types available and how to define them.
section two covers how to use those tests on access lines to do things.

Or even simpler explanations in the new Squid-3 beginners guide
available for sale at
https://www.packtpub.com/squid-proxy-server-31-beginners-guide/book

Amos

--