Re: [squid-users] No more cache hits

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 12:41:33 +1300

 On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:47:44 +0100, Dayo Adewunmi wrote:
> On 03/02/2011 10:04 AM, Hasanen AL-Bana wrote:
>> Please paste the output of : squidclient mgr:info
>>
>> You might have ran out of disk space and your squid for some reason
>> is
>> not purging objects as it should.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Dayo Adewunmi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> For about 3 hours now, I haven't had much in the way of cache hits,
>>> and the
>>> cache misses have gone through the roof. I don't have any idea
>>> what's
>>> happening here with this.
>>> Here are my specs:
>>>
>>> Squid: Version: 2.6.18-1ubuntu3
>>> OS: Ubuntu 8.04
>>> squidclient mgr:utilization: http://pastebin.com/fJFV5dD0
>>> Munin graph: http://i.imgur.com/b2hDu.png
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Dayo
>>>

>> It seems to be returning cache hits again:
>> http://i.imgur.com/c6euM.png
> Here's the output of squidclient mgr:info
> http://pastebin.com/PRfEWK20

 FYI the details you provided support your statement that MISSes are
 happening without giving any clues about why.

 If it happens again,
   look to access.log about which URLs are MISSing, compare with earlier
 logs with better HIT rates. New URLs cant be HITs until their second
 request. The ideas that come to mind immediately on this type of
 behaviour is something screwed wit the disk or a sudden flood of unique
 (attack?) requests.

  also look to cache.log for any network problems squid is encountering,
 or turn debugging up a bit to see how squid is handling the MISS
 requests.

 Amos