Re: [squid-users] squid_kerb_ldap - Squid and AD integration

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 14:27:26 +1300

 On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 17:26:25 +0100, Essad Korkic wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We would like to implement Squid instead of MS-ISA for our company,
> for now the Squid server is running fine, however I'm having some
> issues with getting AD authentication working.
>
> I've set my eyes on squid_kerb_ldap to do the job, and if I run it
> manually it works, however it takes a long time to get the result.
> It appears that the helper is trying to (reverse)resolve all the LDAP
> servers.

 FYI:
  We had a period of testing sponsored recently looking at ISA->squid
 migration and feature compatibility. This brought to light a lot of
 minor bugs and behaviour problems.

 For best comparson you will need the latest Squid-3.1.10 or later.
 Ideally 3.2.0.5 with its better HTTP/1.1 support, but there are kerberos
 crash issues there on the urgent to-do list.

 Also, the latest squid kerberos helper you can build will be better
 compatible with todays Kerberos systems.

 Amos