Re: [squid-users] Multi Squid Same Machine with Sibling

From: <christian_at_wanxp.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 11:40:40 +0700

On 2/5/2011 11:26 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> On 05/03/2011 06:16, christian_at_wanxp.com wrote:
>
>> Dear,
>>
>> i installed and run 2 squid2.7 in same machine for balance CPU load
>> (quadcore proc). my question are can i do sibling between 2 squid in
>> same machine for sharing cache ? will it cause any problem in future
>> ? any1 have experience bout this issue ?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Kristian
> it seems like a good idea.
> if you will bind every squid instance to other ip address or you cand
> bind each one of them to a loopback interface with a mask of 32 bit
> i think you can manage theoretically to make it work.
> i never tried it and if it can work then i think i will do some use of
> this.
>
> but my question is: how do i bind an instance to a specific cpu\core?

Dear,

i`m not expert for this issue but i think we cant specific the core for
squid. it will run automaticly. 1 squid only can take 1 core. if i run 2
squid it will take 2 core ( using command "top" to view ).

i tried SIBLING (htcp) and it worked , but i just want to know will it
cause any trouble like unlimited loopback or memory leak or something
like that. i hope any1 can explain it better for me.

Regards,

Kristian