[squid-users] connection-auth

From: Vernon A. Fort <vfort_at_provident-solutions.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:13:32 -0600

My setup is a non-transparent proxy running gentoo. Simply put, if you
want to browse, set the proxy option in your browser. With that said,
we have had difficulty in connecting to a share point site/server for
one of our external groups. We had already set the connection-auth=on
to fix a similar issue a few months back, but we cannot connect to this
site from windows 7 pro with ANY browser. We 'can' connect from the
windows XP desktops, just not from windows 7. I have try to toggle
on/off the pipeline_prefetch with no success.

I've tried both versions 3.1.9 and 3.1.8. Even with a default
squid.conf in a different networks on both IE 8 and 9(beta). Again,
will work with XP but not on windows 7 pro (with or without service
pack1)

Can someone point me to some additional documentation or shed some light
on this.

Vernon