Re: [squid-users] external_acl mysql

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:07:25 +1300

On 11/03/11 05:23, Osmany wrote:
> how can i get this db auth helper? do i have to recompile squid?
> do i download it from somewhere?

Its a perl script bundled in the Squid sources. No need to compile, but
possibly a need to edit the first line for your bin/perl location.

If you have a pre-packaged Squid install it may already be in your
libexec directory with the other Squid helpers as "db_auth" or "db_auth.pl".

If not, you can download the latest script here:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~squid/squid/3-trunk/download/head:/squid_db_auth.in-20070603054600-1h2nernd9hdi-4/basic_db_auth.pl.in

(save without the .in extension, and edit the first line to point at
your perl interpreter binary location)

Amos

> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 11:55 +1300, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 09:44:37 -0500, Osmany wrote:
>>> Greetings,
>>>
>>> Ok. I'm sure this is something that has been asked many times but I
>>> googled alot and there is no real documentation or a how to for this.
>>> Basically I wan all my acls that are pointing to a straight forward
>>> text
>>> file on my configuration to poin to a table in a mysql database that
>>> have. So for example I want all my blocked sites to be in a mysql

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5