Re: [squid-users] Upstream authentication failed

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 20:29:58 +1300

On 11/03/11 19:03, Stranger Stranger wrote:
> Hi;
> Squid Configuraiton cache_peer line is
> cache_peer 192.168.x.x parent 8080 0 no-query default login=PASS
> never_direct allow all
>
> Squid doesn't send username and password to blue coat. I don't see any
> username and password in bluecoat log file.
> Bluecoat is using domain authentication and using TCP 8080 port.

Please explain what you mean by "domain authentication".
It matches no HTTP authentication type.

Did you mean NTLM or Negotiate authentication to the proxy?

NP: Squid will only pass on Basic authentication credentials to peers.
The newer squid-3.2 is required to relay Negotiate credentials or to use
the login=PASSTRHU alternative which makes Squid ignore the type being
relayed. The passthru can work under some conditions for auth types
unsupported by Squid.

Amos

--
Please be using