Re: [squid-users] download quota

From: Helmut Hullen <Hullen_at_t-online.de>
Date: 12 Mar 2011 07:37:00 +0100

Hallo, Amos,

Du meintest am 12.03.11:

[...]

>> Thank you - there I've only found "squish" (don't know if it's still
>> maintained ...). I'll take a try.

> Squid does not do Quotas.

> If delay pools (bandwidth speed cap) is suitable there is
> client_delay_pools now in 3.2 and QoS features in all.

Last year I've played some time with "delay pools" - hasn't pleased me.
If I've understood this option correct it manages the actual transfer
rate but not (p.e.) a monthly quota per user or per client.

But "squish" doesn't work as described - it examines the lines in
"access.log", and on my machine it doesn't find client IP or user login
name.
I should examine a long perl script, and I don't like perl ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut