Re: [squid-users] Problem accessing a special website using squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 11:13:41 +1300

 On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:31:51 +0100, Axel Schneck wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new here, so I hope it's the right place for my help request.
>
> Using squid on a SLES10SP3 I have problems accessing a special
> website.
>
> Everything is working using squid, but when trying to go to
>
> http://www.bvmw.de
>
> first several seconds nothing happens and the I get a message that
> the site cannot be reached/viewed.
> The real error is browser dependent different.
>
> German MSIE says: Die Webseite kann nicht angezeigt werden.
> Firefox says:
> Content-Encoding-Fehler
> Die Webseite, die Sie öffnen möchten, kann nicht angezeigt werden, da
> sie eine ungültige oder unbekannte Form der Kompression verwendet.
>
> Using the same clients and browsers, but dont use squid as proxy I
> can access this page.
> So it seems a problem with squid.
>
> Is there a way to fix it?
> Squid version is: squid-2.5.STABLE12-18.13.982.2.1
>
> Axel

 http://redbot.org/?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bvmw.de

 PROBLEM: "The resource doesn't send Vary consistently."

 This means that the website is presenting gzip content as plain-text
 and vice versa. When these broken objects get cached they get sent to
 the wrong clients.

 You could try an upgrade of Squid. 2.6 and 2.7 offer the
 http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/broken_vary_encoding/ directive.

 Amos