Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid 3.1 and winbind 3.4.7 permissions issue on winbindd_privileged

From: Go Wow <gowows_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 19:22:43 +0400

After issuing the command gpasswd -a proxy winbindd_priv

wbinfo -a <username> returns sucess for challenge/response but not for
plain text. No error given

sudo wbinfo -a this.user
Enter this.user's password:
plaintext password authentication failed
Could not authenticate user this.user with plaintext password
Enter this.user's password:
challenge/response password authentication succeeded

No error info in winbind log as well.

Regards