Re: [squid-users] performance drop moving from 3.0 to 3.1?

From: <david_at_lang.hm>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:44:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 18/03/11 21:54, david_at_lang.hm wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>>
> <snip>
>>> Some are offset by optimizations and fixes later, so its not
>>> cut-n-dry. Work is underway by Alex and Co. to identify the problems.
>>> We all work on ways to grab performance back when found. Most of these
>>> optimizations won't make it into 3.1, but 3.2 hopes to be better.
>>
>> any feel for how 3.2 is doing (how close is it to no longer being
>> 'release candidate', which for some strange reason scares management
>> types ;-)
>
> So far its looking like no earlier than end-April.
>
> FWIW we have some selective 3.2 builds running happily in production. They
> just need a bit of testing before use.

thanks, this helps a lot, I didn't know if it was 'probably sometime in
the next few weeks' or 'possibly sometime in 2012'

April timeframe gives me a lot of useful information.

what areas are still being worked on?

In my case I specifically just need the access control portion, so if some
caching modes are still showing bugs it wouldn't affect me, but if SMP
configurations are still having bugs it would.

David Lang