Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.1.x do not open certain sites

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 02:59:02 +1300

On 24/03/11 23:44, Francesco wrote:

>> Site looks okay from here.
>> http://redbot.org/?descend=True&uri=http://itinerari.mondodelgusto.it/
>>
>> Of course, there is no page content. Just a flash media object and a
>> stat counter.
>> So there could be something broken in the site code where the HTTP
>> tools can't identify.
>
> Hi Amos,
> thank you for your reply!
>
> But, there is a way to tell Squid to let view this, and others, website?
> Users complaint that, at home, they can surf this and others site!

Depends on why they can;t get to it...

  * do they get an HTTP error message from squid loading the base page
HTML object?
  * does the flash object get pulled in okay?
   - we can look at these and see what is broken if either is a bad
transfer.

  * does the page content displayed by the flash object not show up or
otherwise display badly?
   - nothing we can do about this. It is a website bad-code problem.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5