Re: [squid-users] Firefox 4 issues with Squid

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:18:34 -0400

If I recall, earlier versions of Firefox 3.5.X have a similar issue if
I'm not mistaken. As much as I love Firefox, I also believe that this
is a browser issue, and not particularly Squid.

>>> "Goetz T. Fischer" <g.fischer_at_ah-online.com> 3/29/2011 2:12 PM >>>

Hi,

i have some more or less major problems with Squid and Firefox 4. i
tried
current version of 2.7 and 3.1, also default configs and so on. anyhow
ff4
doesn't seem to like squid no matter what i do. all other browsers are
fine
including prior firefox versions. i even tried squid on different
platforms but
still the same. the issues are like that:
the site loads some files and then stops. nothing displayed after the
first
'phase'. then about 8 or 10 seconds later some more files get loaded
and
eventually the page would show up. at least parts of it.
it differs on each page a bit but at the bottom line it's about the
same no
matter which page i tried :-/

so maybe anyone else got similar issues?

thanks in advance

--
ah-consulting.net
Götz T. Fischer CertIT&Comp
Senior Consultant
Phone: +49(0)7225/98 98 79
eMail: g.fischer_at_ah-consulting.net
http://www.ah-consulting.net
http://www.ah-webhosting.com
Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."