[squid-users] SSL traffic

From: Víctor José Hernández Gómez <vjhergom_at_cic.upo.es>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 10:01:21 +0200

Dear squid users,

we remember to have measured the percentage of bandwitch devoted to SSL
in our squid installation, and it was about 10 percent of total traffic.

SSL is not cacheable, and I think its use is increasing. I wonder if
there is any experience with squid software using SSL engines (hardware
devices) via openssl to get a better behaviour (that is, better
perfomance) of SSL traffic.

Any other idea regarding SSL treatment would be very welcome (parameter
tuning either on SO, squid, or openssl, etc..)

We are now using a 3.1.12 installation, with openssl 1.0.0

Regards,

--
Víctor J. Hernández Gómez