[squid-users] Fwd: squid 3.1 to export access_log to rsyslog

From: <osmany_at_es.quimefa.cu>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:24:52 -0400

Hi everyone,

I would like to know how to export access_log in squid to a central
rsyslog in my network
I know I should you a local rsyslog daemon to forward logs to the central
server but I just can't
get squid to actually write to the local rsyslog daemon and I tried
various things:

access_log syslog:daemon
access_log rsyslog:daemon
access_log /usr/local/sbin/rsyslog:daemon

the closest I've been to accomplish this is getting a message in the
cache_log that says parent folder not writable or something like that.
some error of squid complaining about permissions on the folders which I
don't understand since it can perfectly write to them if I go back to the
default settings. Can anyone please help?

thanks in advance