Re: [squid-users] Limiting outgoing port range.

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2011 09:53:39 -0400

In short, I don't believe so. Squid isn't meant to be limited in such
ways, and I still stand firm in believing that OUTBOUND ports that get
binded to a local machine has no effect on firewalling. Only
DESTINATION ports are compared in Firewall ACL's.

>>> "Thomas Pietsch" <Shivering_at_gmx.net> 4/5/2011 3:08 AM >>>
Hey, yes i am referring to outbound ports. I know there is no speed
advantage of doing so. Its simply a security matter (firewaling, trusted
partys and so on .. ). So the proxy shall be running on the same machine
as the browser and then proxy every request and response through smth
like 20 sockets. Is this possible via squid?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 16:44:20 -0400
> Von: "Chad Naugle" <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
> An: Shivering_at_gmx.net, squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
> Betreff: Re: [squid-users] Limiting outgoing port range.

> Are you referring to Squid's OUTBOUND ports, or the DESTINATION
ports?

> Destination Ports could be done by stacking ACL's per a user/group
> specific list of ports ACL, but that's a lot of ACL stacking for
> particular users, and the result is if they are outside of the range
of
> ports, could result in a ACCESS_DENIED, depending on the requested
URL.