[squid-users] Transparent proxy

From: Mike Bordignon \(GMI\) <mike_at_gmi.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:40:32 +1200

Hello

I'm using squid 3.1.6 on Debian Squeeze. I run two instances of squid -
on port 3128 and 3129. The instance on port 3128 services my LAN
clients, authenticating via Kerberos/negotiate. The other instance acts
as a transparent proxy (via a DNAT rule on a router).

I have two questions.

a) Is this the best way of achieving a transparent proxy, to run another
instance of squid, or can I successfully combine both instances into one?
b) Should I have the two instances/caches peer with each other using
cache_peer ?
c) Can squid proxy SSL requests transparently ?

Cheers
Mike