Re: [squid-users] replacing Apache httpd

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 23:49:19 +1200

On 06/04/11 22:26, Daniel Plappert wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> thank you very much for your help!
> I removed the "forceddomain" option and it almost worked. My only problem now is using subdomains. I've 2 subdomains:
>
> sub1.example.com
> sub2.example.com
>
> and I want to delegate them to different servers. The problem is, that squid does not recognize them. If I remove the defaultsite=example.com option, I get the following error:
>
> The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: /
> Invalid URL
> Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect.

That error only comes up if request destined to a web server or squid
reverse-proxy port is received by a forward-proxy port.

For example a browser requesting http://example.com:3128/ instead of
http://example.com/

(assuming your management port 3128 is publicly accessible same as the
reverse-proxy port 80)

> by calling sub1.example.com or sub2.example.com. If I add the defaultsite=example.com option, all subdomain calls will be delegated to example.com (because of the defaultsite option).

Assuming you have left "vhost" flag on the port 80 that is behaviour of
a broken browser software. "defaultsite=" is only used if there is no
indication of which domain the request is for (based on Host: header not
URL).

> Here is what I added in my conf-file:
>
> cache_peer sub1 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=sub1
> acl sub1_domain dstdomain sub1.example.com
> http_access allow sub1_domain

? "cache_peer_access sub1 allow sub1_domain" ??
? "cache_peer_access sub1 deny all" ??

Amos

--
Please be using