Re: [squid-users] question on recompiling

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 09:21:20 -0400

Correction -- Do NOT move the original versions, because it can break
things, just re-link the new copy under /usr/lib64 and see if everything
is working fine.

>>> "Chad Naugle" <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com> 4/7/2011 9:17 AM >>>
You can temporary move the /usr/lib64 versions, and copy the version
from /usr/local to /usr/lib64, just make sure they are linked
correctly.

>>> Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br> 4/7/2011 8:35 AM >>>

     Hi,

     i have squid 2.7-stable9 compiled and running just fine on a
CentOS
5.5 x86_64 box.

     because of some bugs on krb5-libs shipped with CentOS, i need to
recompile a single helper (negotiate/squid_kerb_auth) linking with an
updated krb5 lib which was already compiled and stored on /usr/local.

     i'm having a hard time trying to do this recompilation ... i'm
changing the -I flags, Makefile INCs, but final binary is still being
linked to /usr/lib64/libkrb* files:

[root_at_mtzsquid2 squid_kerb_auth]# ldd squid_kerb_auth | grep krb
         libgssapi_krb5.so.2 => /usr/lib64/libgssapi_krb5.so.2
(0x00002b3d1836c000)
         libkrb5.so.3 => /usr/lib64/libkrb5.so.3 (0x00002b3d1859a000)
         libkrb5support.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libkrb5support.so.0
(0x00002b3d18fae000)
[root_at_mtzsquid2 squid_kerb_auth]#

     question: what would be the correct way to recompile just this
squid_kerb_auth and link it to kerberos libraries found on /usr/local
instead of the system ones ?

     Thanks !

--
Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
Leonardo Rodrigues
Solutti Tecnologia
http://www.solutti.com.br
gertrudes_at_solutti.com.br
My SPAMTRAP, do not email it
Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended
recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you are
not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution
of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."