Re: [squid-users] Squid reverse proxy with cache.

From: Morgan Storey <me_at_morganstorey.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:32:03 +1000

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> The headers are concatenated and processed first-to-last.
>
> "Cache-Control: private" being last on that list overrides "Cache-Control:
> public" earlier on.
>
> "Private" replies cannot be cached and that object will be discarded on
> completion of its fetch.
>
> As you can see from the snippet of store.log RELEASE, RELEASE, RELEASE ...
> of all those CSS, JS, GIF and JPEG objects which have no sensible reason to
> be dropped.
>

> SOLUTION:
>  find the part of IIS or the web scripts which is adding that "private" and
> turn it off.

Thanks Amos, I must have been a bit dense before when you replied I
didn't take your meaning correctly. I had tried turning it off using
an MS script but .Net works ignores IIS's settings. Getting someone I
know who was experience with .Net to change it to public cache-control
now. I will let you know how I go.