Re: [squid-users] Java external acl

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 01:28:14 +1200

On 14/04/11 00:45, edward_ryan wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just for a learning experience (I'm learning java at uni and we have a squid
> proxy at work) I am trying to create an external acl using Java that will
> check if the user has a list of websites that they can access (the name of
> the list will just be their username) that other users cannot (there is a
> blacklist of domains, but it's a blanket ban). Obviously I need to send the
> person's username and the domain they are trying to get to. I know I can use
> the %LOGIN for the user name but how do I pass it the domain?

With %DST

The full list of tokens and their meanings is here:
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/

> Also not sure if I can ask this here but if anyone knows a bit of java. How
> do I capture the information passed to the java external acl? Maybe a stupid
> question.

Many ways to skin that cat... (from easiest to hardest)

  * Echo the stdin content back out stderr as it arrives and watch the
Squid cache.log. If this is more than an experiment you will want to add
a -d flag to turn debugging to stderr on and off.

  * A wrapper script that echos to a log before passing the line on to
the helper and resulta back to Squid.

  * set "debug_options 82,4" in squid.conf and watch cache.log for
"externalAclLookup: looking up for ".
   This will also give you the result verdicts and whether the helper
was bypassed by a cached previous lookup. But can be a little difficult
to read through.

Amos

--
Please be using