Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.7STABLE8 for windows hang.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:24:16 +1200

On 15/04/11 16:08, Outofwall.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use SQUID 2.7STABLE8 for windows, but however it hangs
> on several machines. As far as I can tell, they all hanged after
> "Referer logging is disabled."
>
> Here's the log:
>
> [2] Launched.
> [2]:/dev/null
> [2]:: No such file or directory
> [2]:WARNING: Cannot write log file: /dev/null
> [2]: messages will be sent to 'stderr'.

That would be the start of the problem. As soon as logging is started
properly the rest of the actions and helpful information on whatever the
hang is caused by will be logged somewhere you cant read.

Look for cache_log directive in your squid.conf and set it to an actual
file. This is not an optional log.

It depends on what you mean by "hang" though. Squid stopped responding?

Be aware that during normal operation with the default "debug_options
ALL,0" nothing gets logged to cache.log except major events
(startup/reconfigure/rotate) and critical problems.
  Sometimes we have marked something wrongly as critical, this is a bug.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.6