Re: [squid-users] adaptation_access and rep_mime_type -- It doesn't seem to work

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 14:07:51 +1200

On 15/04/11 20:46, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> I am using squid 3.1.10. I have a virus scanner and a content classifier
> (to build content filter with Squid ACLs). The virus scanner has several
> modes. One scans transparently and passes on data in chunks. I have this
> working for various update sites, etc.
>
> However, I need to run streaming media through this. So I have acls like
> this:
> acl StreamMime rep_mime_type -i ^video/
> acl StreamMime rep_mime_type -i ^audio/
>
> adaptation_access updatesChain allow StreamMime
>
> The problem is, Squid doesn't seem to process the Mime types correctly
> because it ends up in another chain (where it is denied).
>
> Does this even work? If not, can it be made to work? I would do it by
> file types, but a lot of streaming media doesn't have file extensions.
> (Youtube, news sites, etc.)

These would be the sites using flash multimedia. Which are neither
video/* nor audio/* media.

Try with:
   acl MediaMime rep_mime_type -i audio|video|flv|flash

> Thank you for any and all help,
> Trever

Should be working. But its not easy to tell what is going wrong without
the rest of the configuration context. Specifically everything about
"updatesChain".

Amos

--
Please be using