[squid-users] Re: Is it possible to have a deny_info page for CONNECT method/ACL?

From: Supadee718 <ahyaman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

>On 29/01/11 02:02, Jason Doran wrote:

>In order to get anything useful to happen the deny_info must perform a
>URL redirect with a 307 status code. And the browser must support
>correct RFC 2616 handling of that status code.

>Support for 307 has been added to 3.1 since the last formal package. So
>you will need to build one of the recent the 3.1 daily update bundles.

>As of this writing Firefox or Iceweasel are the only known browsers to
>handle this correctly.

>Amos
>--
>Please be using
> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE9 or 3.1.10
> Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4

Amos or Anyone

Is there a work around or a way to get this problem resolved this is the
absolute same issue I am currently having with a proxy that has been thrown
into to my care. I am really in a bind with this so any assistance I can get
would be greatly appreciated. I am running squid 2.7.9 and 2.5.14. The proxy
is filtering the sites I want allowed and those work fine the issue is our
custom denied error page isnt displaying HTTPS, but works fine for the HTTP
disallowed sites.