Re: [squid-users] building 3.1.12

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 23:54:03 +1200

On 19/04/11 23:38, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 19/04/11 21:53, Helmut Hullen wrote:
>> Hallo, cc,
>>
>> Du meintest am 19.04.11:

>>> during ./configure wouldn't it tell me what header is missing and
>>> not let me continue?
>>
>> No - no such message.
>
> I mean some file which needs to be found and used. But we the dev (and
> thus ./configure which we write) do not know about.
>
> Can you please supply the output of:
> grep -R "struct icmphdr" /usr/include/
>
> (/usr/include/ being the usual location for system header files. If
> Slackware uses a different directory please grep that other place).
>
> "struct icmphdr" should be defined in one of the netinet/ files. We need
> to start with figuring out which.
>
> Amos

Ohh, Just noticed you said the compiler was GCC 3.3.5.

Can you try with a newer compiler version? The GCC 3.x have a lot of
trouble with the fairly recent C++ syntax features Squid uses. Not
particularly this problem but there are likely to be other issues you
hit next. Most of the GCC 4.x seem fine, we build with 4.2 thru 4.5 at
the moment for testing.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1