Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy debugging

From: cc <cc_at_belfordhk.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:49:53 +0800

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> Only if the first of those rules is broken.
>
> ... -i $INET_IF -s $INET_IP matches traffic from another machine called
> $INET_IP outside the current box.

Hi Amos,

I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Given that I redirect all outgoing port 80 traffic to the localhost:3190
(or whatever), can I set up squid such that instead of sending the
packets through the ACL filters et.al, it just basically displays a
page (html file of some sort)? At this point, I really don't know
what's blocking the traffic. I don't 'see' traffic going to LO.

To make things easier, I run 'squid -N -X'.

Right now, I don't know if my netfilter rules are missing
something or my squid is not configured properly.

BTW, instead of 3.x, I've gone back to 2.7 as I can get that thing
compiled. 3.1.x is still giving me compilation errors.

Will keep on trying this though.

Ed