Re: [squid-users] anonymous proxy disable login to phpmyadmin etc....

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:41:18 +1200

On 20/04/11 23:19, J. Bakshi wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:05:48 +1200
> Amos Jeffries<squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> On 20/04/11 21:22, J. Bakshi wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> I have configured squid 2.7 on opensuse 11.4. This is a transparent proxy. But through this proxy login into phpmyadmin or any pages where user authentication is required is not possible. It is not the credential is wrong but through the proxy the credential are not working. If I disable the anonymity everything is running well. What might be the problem ? Here is the configuration which I am using for anonymity.
>>>

>> Think about that for a while please.
>>
>> An "anonymous" proxy is failing to send your identity information
>> (aka login) to a third party website.
>>
>> To me that seems to be what you asked for.
>>
>> Though I advise you that the "anonymous" config you are using is nowhere
>> close to actual anonymity. User-Agent, Cookie, Authorization,
>> WWW-Authorization, Accept-Language and Accept-Charset can all uniquely
>> identify you.
>>

>> As to your problem, its possible they are using one of the newer HTTP
>> headers. The standards are changing all the time. We get asked to
>> register new headers a few times a year to keep up and 2.7 is *very* old
>> now.
>>
>> Amos
>
> Hello Amos,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Could you kindly suggest the possible configuration for the actual anonymity ?
> Regarding 2.7, it is shipped with opensuse 11.4 and 11.4 is the latest version. Anyhow I really like to see the config which can provide me to make squid anonymous.
>
> Thanks

Removing the allows for those headers I mentioned is about as close as
you can get in Squid 2.7. Real anonymity will break a lot of access to
many websites these days which "require" identity details to access. As
you found the phpmyadmin etc and anywhere where you have to register and
login.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1