RE: [squid-users] Why doesn't REQUEST_HEADER_ACCESS work properly with aclnames?

From: Jenny Lee <bodycare_5_at_live.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:56:55 +0000

> Reality after looking at the code:
> Mangling is done after peer selection right at the last milli-second
> before sending the headers down the wire. It is done on all HTTP
> requests including CONNECT tunnels when they are relayed.
>
> Peering info *is* available. But "src" ACL does not check for that
> property.
>
> If you have 3.1 I think you want to add a "peername" ACL like so:
>
> acl peerX peername X
> request_header_access User-Agent allow OFFICE !peerX

I have 3.2.0.1 and unfortunately this does not work either. I will check on 3.2.0.7 (would that make a difference?).

Furthermore, it would be nice to able to select UA like:

request_header_replace User-Agent OFFICE Mozilla
request_header_replace User-Agent HOME IE

Many sites require teh UA to come from known browsers. We tried randomizing UA but many things broke on destination sites.

Thanks

Jenny