RE: [squid-users] Why doesn't REQUEST_HEADER_ACCESS work properly with aclnames?

From: Jenny Lee <bodycare_5_at_live.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 01:04:08 +0000

> > I have 3.2.0.1 and unfortunately this does not work either. I will check on 3.2.0.7 (would that make a difference?).
>
> May do. I don't recall changing anything there directly but the passing
> around of request details has been fixed in a few places earlier which
> may affect it.
>
> Also, do you have this part which I forgot to add?
> cache_peer .... name=X

Yes I do, Amos.

> > Furthermore, it would be nice to able to select UA like:
> >
> > request_header_replace User-Agent OFFICE Mozilla
> > request_header_replace User-Agent HOME IE
>
> Well...
>
> request_header_access User-Agent deny OFFICE Mozilla
> request_header_replace User-Agent HOME IE
>
> ... should also be working if a "browser" type ACL is used to check the
> User-Agent field for "Mozilla".

Actually, I am trying to fix a UA for source IPs.

For example:
If the connection is from OFFICE, set the UA to Mozilla.
If the connection is from HOME, set the UA to Internet Explorer.

> P.S.: Nice for some maybe, but which of the 3.5 million or more browser
> U-A strings do you suggest we hard-code into Squid for faking like this?

It should be left to hte user the way it is now.

Here what I am trying to do is to brand our connections. Suppose we have a crawler. It would be nice if the crawler identified itself as such. On the other hand, I do not want to modify the UA of our OFFICE users. They should be passed as is.

I thought this would be relatively easy to accomplish in squid, after all it is very able and comes with the whole shabang and the kitchen sink, but unfortunately i have had no success so far.

Jenny