[squid-users] File too large

From: cc <cc_at_belfordhk.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:59:29 +0800

Hi,

I managed to get Squid 2.7 running ok for the past
day; but have come across a puzzling error.

No matter what url I type in, I get an error
message:

While trying to retrieve the URL: <url>

The following error was encountered:

   Connection to Failed

The system returned:
   (27) File too large

The remote host or network may be down. Please try the request again.

I've done a search and there was a link that suggested I bump up the
request_body_max_size, reply_body_max_size.

But neither were defined so by default it would've been 0 for both.

Might anyone have any hints as to what I might have done wrong?
Ever since getting it running, I haven't touched the configuration
file.

Without Squid on, I can go to the page.

Thanks

Ed