Re: [squid-users] How to tell if Squid is in Reverse or Transparent mode

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 19:01:05 +1200

On 25/04/11 02:20, Nick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using someone's Squid service but I want to find out if the squid
> is configured in Reverse mode or transparent mode. I don't have access
> to the configuration. Is there any way to find out?

Make a telnet port-80 to another random website.

  If it goes through the proxy or another identifiable as part of the
same group the its an intercept proxy in your ISP.

  If only the website in question goes through the proxy then its
probably a reverse-proxy in the website CDN.

There is no difference from the client perspective. Only the proxy
admins perspective (as to which controls are available for use).

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1