Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy on Squid to port 8080

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 12:59:16 +1200

On 26/04/11 01:11, Ali Jawad wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have got a reverse proxy that is working just fine, it accepts
> requests on port 443 and port 80 and ONLY sends traffic upstream to
> port 80 to the apache server listening on localhost.
>
> I use the following config:
>

> https_port 10.14.1.72:443 cert=/etc/squid/self_certs/site.crt
> key=/etc/squid/self_certs/site.key defaultsite=site vhost
>
> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 443 80 no-query originserver login=PASS
>
> http_port 10.14.1.72:80 vhost

This configuration does not match what you stated above and is broken.

It does accept requests on port 443 and port 80.
However it sends non-encrypted HTTP traffic upstream to port *443* on
the apache server listening on localhost. It also sends UDP packets with
ICP queries to port 80 to the apache server (which does not handle ICP).

> My problem is the following :
>
> The site should act differently in some occasions based on whether
> http or https was requested. So my idea is to setup second http vhost
> on apache listening to port 8080 and on that vhost I would server the
> https code. So is it possible to use SQUID to :
>
> Send traffic destined for port 443 to localhost:8080
> and
> Send traffic destined for port 80 to localhost:80 ?
>
> Any hints/ comments are highly appreciated.

acl HTTP proto HTTP
acl HTTPS proto HTTPS

Then using cache_peer_access to test the protocol version sent to each peer.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1