Re: [squid-users] Different Result from Forward mode, Transparent Mode, and Reverse Mode

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:49:32 +1200

On 26/04/11 19:19, Nick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm configuring my Squid server to pass the geolocation test of
> Hulu.com at http://releasegeo.hulu.com/geoCheck
>
> When my Squid is in Forward or Transparent mode, my Squid was able to
> pass the Geocheck and returned: "valid."
>
> However, when I tried to run the check through Reverse mode, my Squid
> couldn't pass the check.
>
> I'm sure my Reverse Squid is working because I was able to fool
> www.whatismyip.com check.
> I'm also sure my IP is working because it wouldn't pass Hulu's check
> through Transparent and Forward mode if it's not.
> I have also setup the Squid in "Anonmizer Paranoid" mode using 3.1's
> reference guide.
>
> I'm suspecting it's my Squid setup but not sure where to look... My
> Reverse Squid works on all IP checking site such as whatismyip.com,
> whatismyipaddress.com, and etc.
>

> What could be the problem?

The problem starts with using reverse proxy mode. Reverse mode is all
about passing as many client details on to the backend web server as
possible and giving the backend extra control over the proxy behviour.
It is the *opposite* of what you said you want.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1