[squid-users] Does any cache in a proxy chain but the last one need to resolve URLs?

From: Jannis Kafkoulas <jasecml_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:25:02 +0100 (BST)

Hi, We have a proxy chain of 3 squids (v2.7, RHEL5). In my opinion only the last one needs really to resolve the URLs name in order to send the request directly to the web servers ip address in the Internet. Would it also work if the first two proxies wouldn't resolve? And how can that be prevented? Thanks