Re: [squid-users] Filtering based on content size.

From: Supratik Goswami <supratik.goswami_at_webyog.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 19:08:17 +0530

@Amos

Thanks for the information.

There is one confusion still in my mind. How reply_body_max_size is
able detect it ?

In the Squid documentation it says:

"This size is checked twice. First when we get the reply headers,
we check the content-length value. If the content length value exists
and is larger than the allowed size, the request is denied and the
user receives an error message that says "the request or reply
is too large." If there is no content-length, and the reply
size exceeds this limit, the client's connection is just closed
and they will receive a partial reply."

So, I think if something similar to reply_body_max_size or any
workaround is present which uses reply_body_max_size directive
then the issue could be easily resolved.

Regards

Supratik